Minister of State for Foreign Affairs/ Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs - His Excellency Dr. Anwar Mohammed Gargash was appointed in 2006 as Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs. In February of 2008, he was also appointed as Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
His Excellency obtained (Ph. D.) from King's College, Cambridge University-UK, and he also holds a Bachelor's degree and a Master's Degree in Political Science from George Washington University-USA. In addition to his ministerial position, His Excellency holds the positions below:
• Chairman of the Permanent Committee for Monitoring UAE's Image Abroad effective 2007 to date.
• Chairman of the National Committee to Combat Human Trafficking effective 2007 to date.
• Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Dubai School of Government effective 2008 to date.
• Chairman of the Board of Trustees' Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation effective 1995 to date.
• Deputy Chairman of the Permanent National Committee for Demographic Structure effective 2008 to date.
• Member of the National Curriculum Development Committee effective 2008 to date.
• Member of the Ministerial Legislative Committee effective 2006 to date.
• Member of the Board of Trustees' of the Emirates Nationals Development Program effective 2005 to date.
• Member of the Dubai Economic Council effective 2003 to date.
His Excellency has already held several positions at the Local and Federal Level; the most important of which were as follows :
• Chairman of the National Election Committee during the period from 8/2006 to 2/2007.
• Board Member of the Emirates Media establishment during the period from 1999 to 2007.
• Board member on the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry DCCI during the period from 1997-2006