The Ministerial Development Council
It is considered one of the main committees supporting the UAE Cabinet in keeping pace with the recent ministerial changes, which go in line with the future government priorities aiming to achieve development leaps in vital sectors and promote the UAE&ampampampamprsquos position locally and globally.
Scope of work
The Ministerial Council for Services has the following responsibilities:
- Follow up implementation of general policy of the government, and issue the related binding instructions within the framework of its jurisdiction.
- Study reports on the business conduct of ministries and government authorities, and their commitment to the general policy of the government, and issue related binding resolutions.
- Establish contacts with official authorities across the UAE for mutual consultations in the area of implementation of their responsibilities.
- Follow up on the development plans and programs of the UAE government to ensure achieving future objectives, and submit necessary recommendations to the Cabinet.
- Follow up implementation of laws and regulations and issue instructions on matters referred to the council by the President, the Cabinet or the Prime Minister.
- Study cases referred to the Council by the President, the Cabinet or the Prime Minister and issue the necessary instructions.
- Study the reports presented by the ministries, public authorities and institutions regarding participation in official conferences, meetings and visits.
- Make the right decisions to improve the level of services provided to UAE nationals, especially those related to health, education, housing, roads, transport, electricity, water and communication and follow up implementation.
- Request any data or clarification from the government authorities. The Council may entrust one or more of its members to study any of the issues of concern and report the outcome of the study
- Study Cabinet responsibilities in relation to appointment of federal staff, re-employment, promotion, transfer, selection, secondment and termination of their services.
- Grant permissions for preparing legislation and decide on requests.
- Approval of the organisational structures of the ministries and federal entities.
- Study audit bureau reports and issue the necessary instructions.
- Consider requests for imposing fees, funds management, federal returns and other financial costs study them and submit the appropriate recommendations to the Cabinet.
The Council is chaired by H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Vice President, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Court and the following members:
- His Excellency Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Gergawi, the Minister of Cabinet Affairs - Deputy Chairperson
- His Excellency Abdulrahman bin Mohamed Al Owais, Minister of Health and Prevention, Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs
- His Excellency Mohamed Bin Hadi Al Hussaini, Minister of State for Financial Affairs
- His Excellency Suhail bin Mohammed Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure
- His Excellency Dr. Sultan bin Ahmad Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology
- His Excellency Dr. Ahmad Belhoul Al Falasi, Minister of Education
- His Excellency Abdulla bin Touq Al Mari, Minister of Economy
- Her Excellency Shamma bint Suhail Al Mazrouei, Minister of Community Development
- Her Excellency Mariam Bint Mohammed Saeed Hareb Almeheiri, Minister of Climate Change and Environment
- His Excellency Dr. Abdul Rahman Bin Abdulmanan Al Awar, Minister of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- His Excellency Abdullah Bin Sultan Bin Awad Al Nuaimi, Minister of Justice
- His Excellency Sheikh Salem bin Khalid Al Qasimi, Minister of Culture and Youth
- Her Excellency Sarah bint Yousif Al Amiri, Minister of State for Public Education and Advanced Technology
- Her Excellency Sara Musallam, Minister of State for Early Education
- Her Excellency Maryam Bint Ahmed Al Hammadi, Minister of State, Secretary General of the UAE Cabinet