The Ministerial Development Council
The Ministerial Development Council, previously known as the Ministerial Council for Services, was renamed after UAE Cabinet endorsed its restructuring.
Scope of work
The Ministerial Council for Services has the following responsibilities:
- Follow up implementation of general policy of the government, and issue the related binding instructions within the framework of its jurisdiction.
- Study reports on the business conduct of ministries and government authorities, and their commitment to the general policy of the government, and issue related binding resolutions.
- Establish contacts with official authorities across the UAE for mutual consultations in the area of implementation of their responsibilities.
- Follow up on the development plans and programs of the UAE government to ensure achieving future objectives, and submit necessary recommendations to the Cabinet.
- Follow up implementation of laws and regulations and issue instructions on matters referred to the council by the President, the Cabinet or the Prime Minister.
- Study cases referred to the Council by the President, the Cabinet or the Prime Minister and issue the necessary instructions.
- Study the reports presented by the ministries, public authorities and institutions regarding participation in official conferences, meetings and visits.
- Make the right decisions to improve the level of services provided to UAE nationals, especially those related to health, education, housing, roads, transport, electricity, water and communication and follow up implementation.
- Request any data or clarification from the government authorities. The Council may entrust one or more of its members to study any of the issues of concern and report the outcome of the study
- Study Cabinet responsibilities in relation to appointment of federal staff, re-employment, promotion, transfer, selection, secondment and termination of their services.
- Grant permissions for preparing legislation and decide on requests.
- Approval of the organisational structures of the ministries and federal entities.
- Study audit bureau reports and issue the necessary instructions.
- Consider requests for imposing fees, funds management, federal returns and other financial costs; study them and submit the appropriate recommendations to the Cabinet.
The Council is chaired by H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs and the following members:
- Minister of Cabinet Affairs and the Future, Deputy Chairperson
- Minister of Economy
- Minister of Health and Prevention, Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs
- Minister of State for Financial Affairs
- Minister of Energy and Industry
- Minister of Education
- Minister of Infrastructure Development
- Minister of Justice
- Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development
- Minister of Climate Change and Environment
- Minister of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- Minister of Community Development
- Minister of State for Public Education
- Minister of State for Higher Education and Advanced Skills